Planning: Location

My music video is going to be a process of a man waking up and walking to a fielded area This means I'll have a contrast of indoor and outdoor filming. This means I'll need to take into account lighting and weather aspects of my filming and my locations. 

This is the bedroom I will film in: 



It's a decent size, so I don't think space will be an issue when it comes to filming. Lighting could prove to be an issue, and it needs to be taken into account that I could need extra artificial lighting around the room when it comes to filming. This could come from extra lamps set up around my room out of shot, or professional artificial lighting which would have to be rented from the school. 

Here are some shots from the route I plan to take to the field:


 

The route it about 300 metres from the location of the bedroom to the town centre. The journey will be made shorter in the actual video but the journey will have to be travelled whist doing the filming, potentially with a few stops along the way to use the same location for a different shot. This means that I'll have to take into account the light aspect of the outdoors, as I'll be filming in January/February/March time when it gets dark at around 4:00-5:00. I'll need to plan to do the filming during school hours so I can take advantage of a full day of light. Due to having a job in which I work both Saturday and Sunday during the day filming during the day will be difficult. Thankfully I had some holiday to use so after congregating with my actor I booked off a whole weekend to film in. 

This is the fielded area in which the video ends: 



This is a good area to choose because it creates a link between my ancillary tasks and my music video. The area is convenient because its near to the first location and has the appearance of being further away.